Testimonials

I cannot recommend this forum enough! If it were not for finding it, my pool would still be an expensive disaster!!!

I had a swamp in the spring, dumping in everything the pool store (s) recommended. As a new pool owner I was frustrated and confused. Everyone that chimed in to help me on this forum is to be congratulated and thanked a million times over!!

My pool is now the shining star of the house, we and all our friends have been enjoying it all summer.

I am now a relaxed pool owner!

I've been passing the word to all I know that own a pool to check out this forum.

THANK YOU ALL AT TFP!!!!

Well, I have to say....this has been game changing!!!

I have owned a pool all my life....as a child growing up, and as an adult, for my kids to enjoy!

I thought I had a handle on all the pool elements and nuances of how to keep a sparkling pool. I managed throughout the years, apparently faking it......

Thanks to TFP, I have been shown the light.....You folks are INCREDIBLE!!! I now understand the simple chemistry behind keeping a pool SPARKLING, no thanks to the all the people I have spoken to over the years.....pool guys, salespersons at the pool stores, owners of pools, etc.....

In the end, I have realized, nobody knew what they were talking about.....nobody!!!

I have read all the items on your site, gone through some forums and taken notes and become a true believer....

I was spending hundreds (actually close to thousands) of dollars every year on chemicals, stabilizers, clarifiers, pH ups, pH downs, algicides, acids, etc....the list was never ending.....

This year we were bestowed with the gift of Mustard Algae, a gift that keeps on giving. We spent hundreds of dollars on chemicals and equipment, not to mention the dozens of pain staking hours, scrubbing, cleaning, back washing, vacuuming, to no avail.....

I was completely done with my disgusting pool, embarrassed when I had people over, as we were continually chasing the algae, with no success. Finally, I gave it one last try and came across TFP....once I started reading, I knew I was on to something.

Now 4 days later, maybe $40 bucks of bleach, and some scrubbing and vacuuming and my pool has truly become an oasis!!! I have never seen anything like it and will never go back again....

So long pool guy, so long pool store, so long pool salesperson, so long hundreds of dollars in bills and chemicals.....hello sparkling pool!

....all with three simple words........

Trouble Free Pools!!

Thank You!!! Forever, a believer. :party:

Re: Testimony - This is why you should do BBB!

Great post, really enjoyed reading it. Sometimes I wish I hadnt started with BBB so that I could have a great story to tell. My pool has been trouble free since it was built last year.

Well, I have to say....this has been game changing!!!

I have owned a pool all my life....as a child growing up, and as an adult, for my kids to enjoy!

I thought I had a handle on all the pool elements and nuances of how to keep a sparkling pool. I managed throughout the years, apparently faking it......

Thanks to TFP, I have been shown the light.....You folks are INCREDIBLE!!! I now understand the simple chemistry behind keeping a pool SPARKLING, no thanks to the all the people I have spoken to over the years.....pool guys, salespersons at the pool stores, owners of pools, etc.....

In the end, I have realized, nobody knew what they were talking about.....nobody!!!

I have read all the items on your site, gone through some forums and taken notes and become a true believer....

I was spending hundreds (actually close to thousands) of dollars every year on chemicals, stabilizers, clarifiers, pH ups, pH downs, algicides, acids, etc....the list was never ending.....

This year we were bestowed with the gift of Mustard Algae, a gift that keeps on giving. We spent hundreds of dollars on chemicals and equipment, not to mention the dozens of pain staking hours, scrubbing, cleaning, back washing, vacuuming, to no avail.....

I was completely done with my disgusting pool, embarrassed when I had people over, as we were continually chasing the algae, with no success. Finally, I gave it one last try and came across TFP....once I started reading, I knew I was on to something.

Now 4 days later, maybe $40 bucks of bleach, and some scrubbing and vacuuming and my pool has truly become an oasis!!! I have never seen anything like it and will never go back again....

So long pool guy, so long pool store, so long pool salesperson, so long hundreds of dollars in bills and chemicals.....hello sparkling pool!

....all with three simple words........

Trouble Free Pools!!

Thank You!!! Forever, a believer. :party:

WOW!

What an endorsement....maybe one of the most fun testimonials I've read here. Hearing this makes our time worthwhile more than you imagine. People just don't realize how easy this can really be until they do it. I LOVE hearing stories like this. Most excellent post!

Glad you found us, and hope you stick around. I'll be pointing some new folks to this one all summer. :goodjob:

Wish I'd have taken a picture of my pool a few weeks ago but I think I'd have been too embarrassed. Fall of last year I developed an algae bloom got disgusted and covered the pool. Milder winters here in Al I continued to use pucks throughout the winter. Needless to say we ended up with a not so nice 125 CYA reading. A few weeks ago I took the net off and dumped in everything but the kitchen sink. Creating an extremely high chlorine level to go along with the high CYA. Near tears I ended up here, orders my test kit and took control the BBB way. After, brushing, scrubbing, dumping,refilling, repeat, Numbers are great and I'm ready! Now if the temps would just cooperate!image.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Wish I'd have taken a picture of my pool a few weeks ago but I think I'd have been too embarrassed. Fall of last year I developed an algae bloom got disgusted and covered the pool. Milder winters here in Al I continued to use pucks throughout the winter. Needless to say we ended up with a not so nice 125 CYA reading. A few weeks ago I took the net off and dumped in everything but the kitchen sink. Creating an extremely high chlorine level to go along with the high CYA. Near tears I ended up here, orders my test kit and took control the BBB way. After, brushing, scrubbing, dumping,refilling, repeat, Numbers are great and I'm ready! Now if the temps would just cooperate!View attachment 27914

It looks awesome!!

You can't buy pool water like this at the pool store. You just can't!

Thank you TSiGirl! I love this liner! Which one did you choose?

I have to say that this site has saved me a lot of money and headaches. I have never owned a pool until late 2013. I learned so much just reading the threads. I would have otherwise been one of those pool-stored suckers that listened to everything they fed me. I recently had a problem with algae and because of this site, discovered my chlorine that I purchased at a 'club' store was old and no longer effective. Who would have thought chlorine goes bad? Basically I was pouring in copious amounts of tap water and wondering why I still got algae. Now I'm back on track and my water has cleared up.

Thanks to everyone here!

Spent all my childhood swimming in the creek, camping out at the creek, getting chewed out by summer baseball coach for swimming all day of night baseball game. What I`m getting at my wife hounded me forever about getting a pool and I would say why we live 2 miles from the best swimming hole ever made.

Long story short she won and I spend 3 horrible years keeping my pool up with ionizer system and the family promise daddy we will help you take care of the pool hehe. While Google searching for a way to hold wedding cake pool stair down. I found TFP.com spend the Winter of 2012 reading pool school over and over understanding using Bleach would not harm my family .

Surfing forum lurking learning from all TFP`s experts and moderators. Summer 2013 ordered my TF-100 Test Kit/Speed Stir then jumped in with both feet our pool is wonderful now and a pleasure to keep up.

This year when we pulled cover our pool water was crystal clear slight fines in the bottom both my girls 20yrs and 16yrs old were shocked. Having cheated I smelled the water through skimmer all Winter and Spring I just knew it was going to be clear we had pulled cover off past 2 years to a Green mess and it would take 2 weeks of serious work to open pool.

This year uncovered 5/6/14 topped level off I did not have to slam it just got my FC level to target small adjustment for CYA vacuum scrub walls and I had first swim 5/9/14.

I am so thankful for this site and very appreciative of ever member who helps make TFP the absolutely best site where pool owners can learn, develop and share their pool / spa knowledge.

One more thing duraleigh thank you for providing access and help to so many we truly need our Admin and Moderators expertise and guidance. Spreading the word of TFP to anyone who will listen.

Jason,

Thanks to you and all the others who help on this site. I found this
site about two months ago and have been reading steady all the
questions and answers in the forum.

Because I didn't know any better I listened to the pool store and used
pucks for years, when I got the Taylor K 2006 I found nothing was
right.

My CYA was unreadable even diluting the water so I drained 2\3rd out 2
times and started over.

The pool store could never explain to me how the total alkalinity and PH
could be kept in balance, and never talked about to much CYA means you
have to have a higher free chlorine, they wanted to just keep on
shocking it.

I wasn't sure about using de-icer so I used HTH calcium hardness from
Wal-Mart.

I decided to use Borates and got a bag of Granular Boric Acid, on line
from Duda Energy LLC.

All my numbers are in the recommended level and they don't move much at all.
We now have a pool that is very easy to take care of.

Again, thanks for all you and the crew does for people like me that
didn't know how yet.

D LaPierre
Kennewick, Wa

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.