powder for chlorine testing TF100

jccams

May 22, 2010
Dexter, MI
Twice today I have added the scoop of powder to the 10ml of pool water to perform the chlorine drop test and it has not changed color. I went and got a new sample the first time and a scoop changed color. The second time a new sample did not change anything so I added a second scoop and it changed. I know there is high levels of chlorine in the sample as I am currently shocking. Any idea what is going on and is adding a second scoop theright thing to do?

Possibly your single scoop wasn't large enough to make the color change. Some suggestions say two level scoops and some say one big heaping scoop. So if the 2 level scoops caused it to change color to pink just do it that way from now on.

When you add the R-0870 powder and the sample changes color for a moment and then goes back to clear, you should add another scoop of R-0870. The higher the FC level, the more R-0870 powder you tend to need. At extremely high FC levels you might need several scoops.

The sample will stay clear if there isn't any chlorine in the water. Sometimes this can get a little confusing, it isn't always obvious if the FC level is zero or very high. If you have any concerns, you can use the OTO chlorine test in the K-1000 (where the PH test is). The OTO chlorine test is the most reliable chlorine/no chlorine test. It will change color if there is any chlorine and only stay clear if there is no chlorine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.