Do nothing till Test Kit arrives...

well back to 13 at 5 oclock.. Im starting to wonder if this LQ Chlorine from the pool store is really 10.5.. added what it said to get back to 15 will check it in 30 min an see..

Good morning Folks. Well checked the pool this am just like yesterday all clear an the drop was the same 1.5 dropped from 19.5 to 18. also checked the TA since I added that acid it is now 140 from 160.

So whats the plan for the day?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
jck said:
here is my 12 olcock reading FC 14 should I still keep it at 15?

How long do you usually have to shock for?
Well, you know we shock until we meet the three criteria. It will go faster if you are able to maintain shock levels - adjusting as often as every hour. However, fpm mentioned that she'd like to see your FC drop below 10 today to allow you to retest and adjust, if necessary, your pH. I agree you should confirm your pH before continuing to shock.

After that, you could bring it back to shock level to help speed things along. :wink:

Butterfly said:
jck said:
here is my 12 olcock reading FC 14 should I still keep it at 15?

How long do you usually have to shock for?
Well, you know we shock until we meet the three criteria. It will go faster if you are able to maintain shock levels - adjusting as often as every hour. However, fpm mentioned that she'd like to see your FC drop below 10 today to allow you to retest and adjust, if necessary, your pH. I agree you should confirm your pH before continuing to shock.

After that, you could bring it back to shock level to help speed things along. :wink:

got you... Im on it..

Daily update dropped to 11 so thats 1 PPM. Checked PH again an its 7.5 but its above 10 FC so going to wait till about 10 an do a test on all numbers. The pool is a clear as glass. Need to add about 1/2 inch of water.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.