Trichlor Paperweights

May 1, 2010
So before I found this site I bought a HUGE bucket of the trichlor pucks...
My pool looks good - CYA is 60
I want to use the BBB method...but I have $80 worth of trichlor sitting in my garage....
Can I use them at all, and stay trouble free? Or am I stuck with a really expensive bucket?

I assume you do not have a SWG. If you are going to be using the BBB method and with your CYA that high, they can be used but I would only use them if you are going to be gone on vacation for an extended period of time. I think if you ever get algae on your pool surface, you can use them on those. Otherwise you can try to take them back if possible or sell them on craigslist or something.

I have my lifetime supply of pucks out in the shed too. Expanding on what mynewpool said...
- they are ideal for vacations
- if you keep the bucket sealed up they should last for years
- if your CYA drops a bit over the winter, you can switch to pucks for a while in the spring to boost it back up (although if it drops to zero, you might be better off just buying some straight CYA)
--paulr

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.