Does the Aqua Trol / Aqua Rite produce all the time when on?

bdavis

Jun 12, 2007
Does the Aqua Trol / Aqua Rite produce all the time when on and the generating light is on? I have an Aqua Trol and it doesn't seem to generate all the time even though the generating light is on. Occasionally when I hit the diagnostics, it doesn't report any amp draw or instant salt content. It looks to be "pausing" generation even with generating lit. Power light and generating light are on. Salt level is 3400, flow is good, all other lights off. All Is this normal?

Thanks,
Bob

No. The dial determines how much time it is on & off. I believe it has a 100 minute generating cycle, if your dial is set to 30, then it will generate for 30 minutes and be off for 70 minutes for each generating cycle. When it is generating, it is generating at 100% of capacity.

(This is paraphrasing other posts over the years).

Thanks for the reply. So if my dial is set at 60, it will generate for 60 minutes then rest for 40 minutes? And since my switch is in Auto mode, the generation light is lit even though it is currently "resting"? Do I have this correct?

Thanks again,
Bob

That is correct as far as I know.

I am not 100% sure about the 100 minute generating time, it has been mentioned several times in other posts. But the dial definitely determines the percentage of time that the generator is actually working.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.