first test with TF100

CYA is really cyanuric acid, which is often sold as either conditioner or stabilizer. Look for 95+% cyanuric acid on the label. It is sold mostly by pool stores, in the pool section of many big box stores like WalMart, Target, Home Depot, and Lowes, and on the Internet.

You can use the Pool Calculator, see the link in my signature, to help you figure out the answers to these questions. Divide the pool into two rectangles, calculate their volume separately and then add them together. Then use the CYA section to see how much CYA you need for a pool of that volume to raise CYA from 0 to 40.

twinsticks said:
got it hopefuly I did it correct pool is 31000
need to add

166 oz stabilizer
91 oz borax
146 oz baking soda

Yes, 166 oz of CYA should get your CYA to about 40, assuming the 31K.

You do not need to add borax or baking soda. Your pH an and TA are fine where they are.

You do, however, need chlorine! You have zero FC and no CYA. Add enough bleach/liquid chlorine to maintain 2ppm FC until you get some CYA in there.
Then adjust FC accordingly. See the Chlorine/CYA chart in my sig and in Pool School. :)

You can use bleach to help calculate your gallons. One gallon of bleach will raise 10,000 gallons of water approximately the percentage of the bleach in FC (i.e, one gallon of 6% ultra bleach will raise 10,000 gallons approx. 6 ppm FC).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.