Pool AND Spa Lights Out

Sep 11, 2009
At some point over the winter, not at the same time I believe, both my spa light and my pool light went out. We replaced the bulb in the spa light, but no go.

When I switch each light on individually, the GFCI gets tripped. My pool friend says this means most likely water got into the lights and the fixtures need replacing.

To make matters more complicated, the screw in the pool light is so stripped and tight that we can't get it out. Pool friend suggested partial draining of the pool to get to the screw with an electric screwdriver. Still can't remove it.

We did have some landscaping done in the fall, but I honestly can't recall the timing of the light failure with respect to the landscaping. Always a possibility that the line was damaged or cut, but can't be sure until we get the fixture out. And test it with bulbs.

Any suggestions on getting the fixture out?

Lower the water again and drill the head off the screw. There should be enough of the threaded stud to grab with vice grips to unscrew it. If the fixure is the one to be replaced, it'll come with a new screw. If the other is the one, a new screw can be ordered.

Scott

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.