Testing FC & CC by 0.2?

G

Durk said:
You can also do a FAS-DPD test on a 25ml sample where each drop of reagent is 0.2 ppm. That 0.5 might really be 0.2 or 0.6 (assuming you are testing with 10 ml sample). Maybe .2 would read as zero on the 10ml test, but then a .8 would read as .5. However it works, at the one drop level moving to the more precise test would provide better information before deciding to shock.

Not to hijack the thread but EXACTLY how would you go about this?
Split off to it's own topic. If the word hijacking even occurs to you, please start a new topic. JasonLion
I am assuming you can do this as well while testing FC's AND CC's. Since I have finally got my tf100 I test for CC's once a day at night and not sure HOW pink the water NEEDS to be before you can consider the 0.5 I get is actually 0.5. I know that a number that accurate is not needed but it is still usefull information to know!

If the water gets a lil cloudy when testing for CC's I dont bother with the 871 reagent. But if I see the pink (as I havent done this very often), I use it to see.

If you use a 25ml sample, then both FC and CC parts of the FAS-DPD test would be at 0.2 ppm per drop of R-0871. But really, it's not that useful in most cases, the 10ml sample is perfectly adequate.
--paulr

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.