pantyhose are AMAZING and I'm a guy

May 17, 2009
Jasper, TN
Amazing as a skimmer sock that is :party:

I used them last year some, but have been using them almost every day this year and I did not think water could get CLEARER than what I thought was perfectly clear already. If the pump is off and there's no ripples on the surface it's almost like the water is invisible. I can see details on the bottom of the pool.... every minute wrinkle, blemish in extreme detail.... almost like there was no water there.

Even though dollar store 12 pairs generic hose is cheap, I've still been reusing them a couple of times before tossing. I'm mainly getting bugs and pollen so when I replace one I let it dry in the sun and the crud just falls off. I'll reuse it once or twice... eventually it gets runs and tears pulling over the skimmer basket.

You just have to check the pool more often though as they can get dirty pretty quick and start to deform the skimmer basket under the increased pressure. Pollen is letting up a bit around here so I can go a day with one.

Yes it doesn't really matter, just slide the hose over the basket and put the basket back in the skimmer.

once you see how less you have to backwash and clean you filter and how good the water looks you'll never stop using them :)

Do ya put the hose on the inside of the basket? what do ya do with the 2 legs? Im having a hard time wraping my mind around this. Visual aid please?
Sorry, I just dont understand. It does sound good tho.

norcuron said:
Do ya put the hose on the inside of the basket? what do ya do with the 2 legs? Im having a hard time wraping my mind around this. Visual aid please?
Sorry, I just dont understand. It does sound good tho.
Yes, just hook the hose over the edge. Likethe man said, it's like putting a bag inside a trash can. The legs will float around in there, but as the surface starts to clog up, things will settle down.

I just use queen-size knee-highs. A little harder to stretch over, but they worl the same. I chose white, so I get a good visual of all the Crud I pre-filtered.

The way the plumbing is run on our pool, we NEED to use skimmer socks! I don't know if the previous owner used them. It sure does make a difference keeping small stuff that can get past the skimmer and pump baskets from re-entering the pool resulting in a cleaner, clearer pool!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.