Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: pantyhose are AMAZING and I'm a guy

1. Back To Top    #1

pantyhose are AMAZING and I'm a guy

Amazing as a skimmer sock that is

I used them last year some, but have been using them almost every day this year and I did not think water could get CLEARER than what I thought was perfectly clear already. If the pump is off and there's no ripples on the surface it's almost like the water is invisible. I can see details on the bottom of the pool.... every minute wrinkle, blemish in extreme detail.... almost like there was no water there.

Even though dollar store 12 pairs generic hose is cheap, I've still been reusing them a couple of times before tossing. I'm mainly getting bugs and pollen so when I replace one I let it dry in the sun and the crud just falls off. I'll reuse it once or twice... eventually it gets runs and tears pulling over the skimmer basket.

You just have to check the pool more often though as they can get dirty pretty quick and start to deform the skimmer basket under the increased pressure. Pollen is letting up a bit around here so I can go a day with one.
    24' x 52" AGP = 13.5k gallons
    Dynamo 2.0 HP pump,Sand Dollar sand filter
    Polaris 65 vacuum (good when there are a ton of leaves on bottom), Pool Rover Jr. (LOVE it, but power box dead right now), AquaCritter (an excellent suction side cleaner)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: pantyhose are AMAZING and I'm a guy

Do you just cover the top of the skimmer basket with the pantyhose and stick it back in? I know this sounds crazy, but I'm more of a visual person and was wondering if you could post a pic of how the pantyhose goes on.

Thanks
    Mountain View, Arkansas, 23,000 gallon in-ground concrete pool with a 24-in Hayward Pro-Series Sand Filter with side-mount. Chlorinator is attached but only use occasionally and a 1 hp pump.

3. Back To Top    #3

Think of it as a garbage can liner stuck down in the skimmer with the control top pulled over the outside edges.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

4. Back To Top    #4

I got it. Thanks much. : )
    Mountain View, Arkansas, 23,000 gallon in-ground concrete pool with a 24-in Hayward Pro-Series Sand Filter with side-mount. Chlorinator is attached but only use occasionally and a 1 hp pump.

5. Back To Top    #5

Yes it doesn't really matter, just slide the hose over the basket and put the basket back in the skimmer.

once you see how less you have to backwash and clean you filter and how good the water looks you'll never stop using them
    24' x 52" AGP = 13.5k gallons
    Dynamo 2.0 HP pump,Sand Dollar sand filter
    Polaris 65 vacuum (good when there are a ton of leaves on bottom), Pool Rover Jr. (LOVE it, but power box dead right now), AquaCritter (an excellent suction side cleaner)

6. Back To Top    #6

Do ya put the hose on the inside of the basket? what do ya do with the 2 legs? Im having a hard time wraping my mind around this. Visual aid please?
    Sorry, I just dont understand. It does sound good tho.
    Hayward super pump 3/4 hp. hayward 300 lb sand filter, Hayward vari-flo XL 75 Gal per min. Pool : vinyl ~ 22000 gal, size: 32x18. 3'-9' 1:2 rise/run slope. 1st year in this house. pool is swamp complete with tadpoles.

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by norcuron
    Do ya put the hose on the inside of the basket? what do ya do with the 2 legs? Im having a hard time wraping my mind around this. Visual aid please?
    Sorry, I just dont understand. It does sound good tho.
    Yes, just hook the hose over the edge. Likethe man said, it's like putting a bag inside a trash can. The legs will float around in there, but as the surface starts to clog up, things will settle down.

I just use queen-size knee-highs. A little harder to stretch over, but they worl the same. I chose white, so I get a good visual of all the **** I pre-filtered.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

8. Back To Top    #8

The way the plumbing is run on our pool, we NEED to use skimmer socks! I don't know if the previous owner used them. It sure does make a difference keeping small stuff that can get past the skimmer and pump baskets from re-entering the pool resulting in a cleaner, clearer pool!
    16K gallon, Pebble tec, beach entry. Two 1 hp Pentair Whisperflos. One for Paramount MDX2 main drain, Paramount debris canister, and Pentair CCP 520 filter. One for skimmer w/sock and Paramount PCC2000 in floor cleaner. 3/4 hp Pentair Pinnacle for waterfall. Fiberstars fiber optic pool lighting. Aqua-Logic AQL-P-4 control panel with wired remote in the house. SWCG system that is not used. Ultra-Pure Ozonator that is not used.