Due to work schedule I have left the pool at shock level (or very close to) for this week.
Today I was able to run the overnite drop test. Here are the numbers
I had added 1.5 qts of liquid chlorine,12.5%, 2 hours before testing.
This morning before the sun rose I got some test water and ran test again. Here are the numnbers..
cc has been at 0 for the last 3 days.
ph- 8.2+ (from taylor kit)
The pool looks great! Water crystal clear and "sparklie". Wife commented on how clear and good the water is looking. I need some directions on where to go from here. I'm thinking I need to let the chlorine level drift down to 10 (i'd like to stay at the upper level suggested by pool calculator) and get the ph down to the 7.2--7.5 range. Is this the right direction to be heading?
I have been running my pump 24/7 since opening. Is there any advantages of continuing this or is it just as good to put it on a timed run?