running pvc pipe for backwashing

ethany

LifeTime Supporter
May 23, 2009
Trenton NJ
I hate having the backwash hose lying all over the place or having to roll it up all the time so I was thinking of running some pvc pipe underground. I really do not want to dig a trench 40'-50' long and down below the frost line. Would it be a bad idea to just go a few inches below the surface and run the pipe.

I need to install about 5-90 degree elbows in the run. Can I get away with this if I just blow the line at the end of season?

The number of 90's you use won't matter.

I'm not too comfortable with advice about frostlines, but if you lay that pipe carefully with a slight pitch, the water will always drain and I would see no reason to go below frostline or blow the pipe in the fall.

duraleigh said:
The number of 90's you use won't matter.

I'm not too comfortable with advice about frostlines, but if you lay that pipe carefully with a slight pitch, the water will always drain and I would see no reason to go below frostline or blow the pipe in the fall.

What Dave said. I have mine buried maybe 18 inches below the ground. My frost line is about 3 feet, but a drain like that doesnt matter. If you want to cut down on 90's or no joints at all, go get some black poly. That stuff is perfect for this application. Even flex PVC is a good material to use for this.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.