24' round liner ?

Jul 9, 2009
Iowa
I just bought a used 24' doughboy. Looking for a liner wife want's a little bit of a deep end like somewhere around 4-5 feet. The walls are 48" tall would I need and expandable liner or just get one for a taller sided pool. Also it is an overlap liner and there isn't a lot of pattern choices in 24' overlap expandable. Could I use and expandable liner beaded or unibead?

beaded and unibead/J hook do not come in expandable. Only overlap. If you install the overlap on a really warm sunny day and dish out the pool a bit more on one side you can get a lot out of a regular overlap - if you plan to go 6-7' then you really have to have a true expandable liner.

sounds like you want to make a project :)

Why not install some J channel so it can accept a beaded liner. Then dig the pool to whatever crazy shape you want then measure it and have a local liner company make a custom liner for you.

X-PertPool said:
sounds like you want to make a project :)

Why not install some J channel so it can accept a beaded liner. Then dig the pool to whatever crazy shape you want then measure it and have a local liner company make a custom liner for you.

That sounds really fun but spendy. Just think of the beautiful liners you can have in there and all kinds of configurations! I do love the beaded designs -

Fordman - There are some of the overlaps that have really nice designs these days. I wonder if you can get by with one a bit larger or just the regular size and stretch it in a bit more since it doesn't sound like you plan on going too deep anyway.....

I am not 100% sure on the deep end. Looked into renting a small back hoe 135 a day. Most likely will though. If I get a liner for a taller pool the seam won't line up at the botton will it? If not just might get a expandable for up to 60" but will it streach enough in places to get the wrinkles out?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.