Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Sand filter/pump/SWG location

1. Back To Top    #1

Sand filter/pump/SWG location

I just had a Splash Super Pool relocated and leveled. I moved it over to the new deck I put on the lower level of my house deck. I built a a platform for the pump/filter/swg to sit on so I don't have to stand on my head to adjust the controls, etc. I made it out of left over lumber from a former deck and decided to use the pier blocks too rather than throw them out or give them away. Now my filter, etc is about 12" off the ground (and bottom of the pool). Is this okay for an AGP? The filter is still empty and light so If I need to put it back on the ground, I can.
    Splash Pool 13 x 21
    8000 gal
    Waterway filter

2. Back To Top    #2
    Waaay NW MN

Re: Sand filter/pump/SWG location

Ok, I'm just gonna give my TC here - I believe with an AGP you need to make sure your pump and filter are lower than the return? Other than than, don't know if there would be an issue with the pool setup. Good luck!
    18x33x52 Buttressfree Seaspray (Wilbar) AGP - 1.5hp Pentair Maxim w/22" Pentair Meteor Sand Filter, Aqua Rite SWG System, Biltmore Walk In Steps - 2/4x20 Solar Panel Setup - Doheny Jet Drive (RIP -Pool Rover Jr) - finally hard plumbed the whole darned thing -
    Beats Driving to the Lake!

3. Back To Top    #3
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: Sand filter/pump/SWG location

AGP Pool pumps aren't designed to self prime so the suction of the pump needs to be below the skimmer to work correctly. Raising it up a foot shouldn't be a problem.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit