Looped returns

It means that when you run the lines that return water back to the pool, you create a loop all the way around the pool. Without doing this, some of the returns will have higher pressure than others and your pool may not circulate as well.

n8scstm said:
It means that when you run the lines that return water back to the pool, you create a loop all the way around the pool. Without doing this, some of the returns will have higher pressure than others and your pool may not circulate as well.

Still not clear to me. Is it one loop with each return branching off of the one loop?

Thanks, gg=alice

If you are looping, you want one continuous loop of pipe all the way around the pool. The water coming from the pump and going to each of the returns branches off of the loop with a T connector. Ideally the lines going from the loop to each of the returns should be relatively short and all the same length. The loop pipe must also be relatively large compared to the final diameter of the return eyeballs.

Looping is not the only way to balance the returns, nor does it work perfectly in every possible situation. Still, it is a simple solution that is easy to use when there are many returns without requiring any calculations.

I've also wondered about looping (in a theoretical way, I'm not about to rip up all my flagstone). Is this assuming you'd have returns all the way around? Mine are on one side, it's hard to imagine the benefit of running all that extra pipe in that case.
--paulr

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.