Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Diamond Brite Patch

1. Back To Top    #1

Daytona Beach, FL 32117 USA

Diamond Brite Patch

I have a Tahoe blue Diamond shell installed in 12/07. Today I went for a swim and noticed that the finish is starting to come off and there are two small holes in the plaster on the steps. What are my options? Can this be patched? Will I have to drain all of the water? Thanks,
    12k Gal. Kidney IG pool (Built around 1964 screened enclosure?), Tahoe Blue Diamond Brite (Added 12/2007), 1 hp motor, Sta-Rite P2 pump, Hayward C900 paper cartridge filter, Resilience SWG PSC-3 SCC 25 Element, Dolphin Robatic Cleaner, Lamotte ColorQ Pro 11, Taylor K2006C, Lamotte Tracer PockeTester PH/TDS/SAL, purptiger

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Diamond Brite Patch

You should be able to find a company to dive the pool and make the repair. It will be a patch, and you will see it. But you should not have to drain the pool (you'd still see the patch if you did).

I'd check your warranty. That is a couple years too soon to be needing a repair. Most plasterers provide a 5 year bonding warranty, of which you fall easily within. Unless you did something to make this happen (like beating on it with a hammer ), they should cover it without any grief.