Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: 10 year old fiberglass coated pool issues - so cal.

1. Back To Top    #1

10 year old fiberglass coated pool issues - so cal.

I did a fiberglass pool coating around 10 years ago and I've been having issues with the top coat (gelcoat) peeling off. I didn't have any issues with delaminating or anything serious. The company that did my pool (pool concepts) are not in business anymore. I wanted to know if I could just have someone redo the gelcoat and I'm good for another 10 years or if I need to hire someone to rip out the fiberglass and redo the gunite or refiberglass the pool again. Obviously I would perfer the least expensive option.

I understand most of the fiberglass pool companies hire the same subcontractor to do the work. I acually had the guy's number (mamood) the last time he came by but I can't find it now. Anyone know any fiberglass guys that can help me out?

18 ft round (Intex style) Summer Escape pool
    1hp Hayward pump and sand filter (size escapes me)
    Intex SWG
    Planning an upgrade to a 24ft as soon as we wear this one out!

2. Back To Top    #2
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: 10 year old fiberglass coated pool issues - so cal.

Someone is going to have to look at it but it can possibly be repaired. A good fiberglass guy should be able to fix it without much problem.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: 10 year old fiberglass coated pool issues - so cal.

Sent you a message. Curious if u found a good fiberglass person.
    1: 10,000 gals in the ground plaster, Hayward pump SP2715X20 2hp
    2: Aqua Rite Electronic Chlorine Generator / T-Cell-15, Hayward Pro-Grid DE Filter Model DE3620
    3: AquaCal Heat Pump, Astrlite SP0580S Under Water Light
    4: Port PolarisCaretaker, TFTestKit-100