norcuron

May 20, 2010
1st of all I woul like to thank all of you guys for all you do, :-D
My name is norcuron, Im a nurse in Birmingham, Al. I bought a house with a pool. Ive spent a lil over $1000 on a new pump, sand and electrical work. The pool has been down for a few years without a cover. I was hoping you guys could help me out.

Welcome to TFP :wave:
We can help you out! :-D

The first thing you're gonna need is a big ole leaf rake, and lots of muscles. Don't worry if your muscles aren't big yet. Time you get all the stuff out of the bottom of that pool they will be :)

Start by scooping all the stuff out of the pool you can. Then come back and we'll et you know what to do next.

Whenever you're resting from scooping, sit down and read Pool School. especially the part about cleaning a swamp.

How are you testing?

Thanks guys! I have read "pool school" It is a great help. Thats how my PH. got so low ( Durn you Muriatic acid!) my PH was around 8. Ive got out most of everything (I think).
Its just a blue milky pool now. I started a thread on "Getting started" about my woes.( Plaese follow me there.)
Im using test strips and a Walmart basic water test kit to correlate the #'s. I will get a better test kit when I have the time and $. This pool has taken alot of the $!