Oh Oh - leak in new liner or old liner water squeezing out?

NWMNMom

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 8, 2007
Waaay NW MN
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Ok, when I removed the old liner a few days back there was about 2"-3" of water in there that I dumped into the sand/ground inside the pool frame. The liner came out and a lot of the sand was dug out. The ground/sand remaining was damp. The Gorilla Pad was placed and the liner was put in 2 days ago. I started adding water yesterday and we have maybe around a foot of water in there now.

I noticed a damp spot outside the pool wall in a spot near one of the solid/straight side uprights that never gets sun on the north side this morning. These uprights are where the water was being channeled out before when there was a leak but then it was pouring out due to the large leak in the old liner which was substantial. The picture shows that I dug out the spot so the damp stuff is spread out a bit there from that. I did dig down a few areas other than that along the sides and it is damp ground but this more damp here. Anyone think there is a leak in the new liner or the water I dumped inside the frame under the new liner is sqeezing out or ?? Yikes, brand new liner.

Attachments

• 100_1675.jpg
    100_1675.jpg
    173 KB · Views: 137
When you place that much weight on the ground it will squeeze the water out of it.
Do you appear to be losing water from the pool?
I'd give it a few days to dry out, or do a bucket test to see if you have a leak.
I suspect it's just ground water from the other pools leaking and will go away with time.

you can also try digging a small 6" wide hole maybe 3-4" deep and see if significant water pool's up in that spot...if not it's prob just the weight of the water squeezing the ground underneath

I'll keep my eye on it. The hole I dug there did not fill up or pool with water, it was just fairly damp. It actually has started to dry out. Hopefully I am just being paranoid. Doesn't look like any water is going out faster than it is going in or that the fill is slowing down any. Thanks guys!

That damp area never got any wetter, although nothing on that side of the pool really got too much drier either, just a bit then kind of hung at damp - that north side is always a bit damp I guess, just that spot must have been water squeezed out. I guess I'll update my other thread too.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.