Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Oh Oh - leak in new liner or old liner water squeezing out?

1. Back To Top    #1

Oh Oh - leak in new liner or old liner water squeezing out?

Ok, when I removed the old liner a few days back there was about 2"-3" of water in there that I dumped into the sand/ground inside the pool frame. The liner came out and a lot of the sand was dug out. The ground/sand remaining was damp. The Gorilla Pad was placed and the liner was put in 2 days ago. I started adding water yesterday and we have maybe around a foot of water in there now.

I noticed a damp spot outside the pool wall in a spot near one of the solid/straight side uprights that never gets sun on the north side this morning. These uprights are where the water was being channeled out before when there was a leak but then it was pouring out due to the large leak in the old liner which was substantial. The picture shows that I dug out the spot so the damp stuff is spread out a bit there from that. I did dig down a few areas other than that along the sides and it is damp ground but this more damp here. Anyone think there is a leak in the new liner or the water I dumped inside the frame under the new liner is sqeezing out or ?? Yikes, brand new liner.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    18x33x52 Buttressfree Seaspray (Wilbar) AGP - 1.5hp Pentair Maxim w/22" Pentair Meteor Sand Filter, Aqua Rite SWG System, Biltmore Walk In Steps - 2/4x20 Solar Panel Setup - Doheny Jet Drive (RIP -Pool Rover Jr) - finally hard plumbed the whole darned thing -
    Beats Driving to the Lake!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Oh Oh - leak in new liner or old liner water squeezing out?

When you place that much weight on the ground it will squeeze the water out of it.
    Do you appear to be losing water from the pool?
    I'd give it a few days to dry out, or do a bucket test to see if you have a leak.
    I suspect it's just ground water from the other pools leaking and will go away with time.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

you can also try digging a small 6" wide hole maybe 3-4" deep and see if significant water pool's up in that spot...if not it's prob just the weight of the water squeezing the ground underneath
    24'x52" AGP (13,500 Gallons), Intex SWG, (2)Solar Bear 4x20 panels, Hayward S220T Filter, 1/2hp Pentair Superflo

Pool School, TFTestKits, Pool Calculator

4. Back To Top    #4

I'll keep my eye on it. The hole I dug there did not fill up or pool with water, it was just fairly damp. It actually has started to dry out. Hopefully I am just being paranoid. Doesn't look like any water is going out faster than it is going in or that the fill is slowing down any. Thanks guys!
    18x33x52 Buttressfree Seaspray (Wilbar) AGP - 1.5hp Pentair Maxim w/22" Pentair Meteor Sand Filter, Aqua Rite SWG System, Biltmore Walk In Steps - 2/4x20 Solar Panel Setup - Doheny Jet Drive (RIP -Pool Rover Jr) - finally hard plumbed the whole darned thing -

5. Back To Top    #5

How'd it go? Was your liner okay? Hope everything went well with the fill!
    John

24' round Vogue AGP 12,000 gal. Flotec AT251001-01 1HP pump, Hayward S310T2 sand filter, Aquarite SWG T-15
    TF-100 (found at TF Test Kits) with Speedstir and Samplesizer

6. Back To Top    #6

That damp area never got any wetter, although nothing on that side of the pool really got too much drier either, just a bit then kind of hung at damp - that north side is always a bit damp I guess, just that spot must have been water squeezed out. I guess I'll update my other thread too.