Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: WHich filter will best match pump

1. Back To Top    #1

WHich filter will best match pump

We are in the process of ordering a 16x41x32 True-L kit from RoyalSwimmingPools.com. I want to upgrade to the Intelliflow Variable Speed pump but not 100% sure what filter would match this. In speaking with a few other owners, the sand type filter is my best option (most "forgiving") but not sure what size. Any suggestions?

Also, seems that going with at least 2" PVC is the way to go. Or should it be larger?

THANKS!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: WHich filter will best match pump

If you're going with sand I'd suggest you look at Dave's (Duraleigh) signature.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

If you're going with sand I'd suggest you look at Dave's (Duraleigh) signature.
    There's a picture of it here. Really though, you don't need a filter big enough for human smuggling.
    It's not really possible to oversize a filter (or pipes, I think), so get the largest that fits in your budget. Bigger ones just need less cleaning.
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

4. Back To Top    #4

Who do you think is working me over that a Sand Filter is the best?..Yes, that would be Dave/Duraliegh...Maybe we rename him to Mr. Sand?

5. Back To Top    #5

Hmmm! What a coincidence that I would point you to his sig and he be the one that caused this thread! Hmmm! Is it some sort of mind control???
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump

6. Back To Top    #6

Who do you think is working me over that a Sand Filter is the best?..Yes, that would be Dave/Duraliegh...Maybe we rename him to Mr. Sand?
    I'm not a Metallica fan, but...Enter Sandman?

"Sleep with one eye open, gripping your pillow tight..." Here he comes!! Aaaugh!

I hear he shoves dissidents in his filter.
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

7. Back To Top    #7

In the Industry

Hmmm! Is it some sort of mind control???
    Actually, Yes!! Once you register and log in, We have a software somewhat akin to "Go to My PC.com"

Until you log out, we are able to send patented signals through (surprisingly)the keyboard.....no one ever expects that!!

General symptoms are to feel the need to buy an expensive test kit and to agree with anything I might post.

Many people seem particularly susceptible if they are having adult beverages or sitting at their computer desk in their pajamas. If they are doing both......... well, you can imagine.

Aust1648 seems currently immune so we may have to crank up the amperage a little but.....resistance is futile!!

get a big sand filter...get a big sand filter....get a big sand filter
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

8. Back To Top    #8

I'm getting this funny feeling that I need a bigger sand filter! fight the feeling...fight the feeling.... must...not...click...the...order...button... Heck! too late! And I think I need refills too. will it never end???

Ok back to your regularly sechduled program. What was the question again?
    Dave J. TFP Moderator

9. Back To Top    #9

Here is what we have so far

16' x 41' x 32' L-Shape Pool Kit
    Pool-Type: Steel-foam_2R
    Brace-System: Adjustable_A-Frame
    Coping: Bullnose
    Shallow-End-Steps: 8-White_Sit-n-steps
    Step-Options: 2-returns
    DeepEnd-Entry: 3 - Step Ladder
    Pump-System: VS-3050 IntelliFlo Pump
    Filter-System: 36" Waterco

Skimmer-System: 2skm-2md-3ret
    Pool-Light: (2) 500-watt-30
    Hand-Turn: Left
    Pool-Depth: Standard-8ft
    Non-Stock-Liner: Stonebridge-28

As you can see Duraleigh has influenced my thoughts in "Bigger is better" in Sand Filters.

It will go here

[attachment=0:2hitdisj]Layout1.jpg[/attachment:2hitdisj]

I have added a whimsical view of what our current pool is now. I will update my profile to include:

Pool - 96 Gallon WoodPlay WaterBurst plastic pool.
    Filter - dump/refill
    Pump - Not yet
    Other features - Can hold 46 filled water balloons and cats love to drink from it. Slide not pictured.

Don't even ask why we have some of the pool already dug...It involved what was supposed to be a basketball court, a Bobcat (not me), propane and explosions...Needless to say, we are going pool instead of basketball.
    Attached Images Attached Images

10. Back To Top    #10

Did you ever try and dive into a basketball court?! I think you made the right choice