Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Staining between floor and walls

1. Back To Top    #1

Staining between floor and walls

Hi all.
    Here is Arizona we have many dust storms that really fill the air as well as fills the pool.
    I have an inground pool with infloor clearer jets. The pool is about 2 1/2 years old.
    Preparing the pool to open soon I have noticed staining on the rounded edge inside the pool between the floor and walls on just the south and west side of the pool.It doesn't look like black agea because it is around the areas my infloor system seems to collect the dirt which I sweep into the main dain.
    Some areas has like a ripple effect like small waves. I will try and get a photo.
    When the sun is overhead the stains seems to be gone.

Chemistry has been tested and all is fine
    FC 4
    TC 4
    PH 7.6
    Alk 100
    Hardness 250
    CYA 80-100
    Phospates .000
    Water temp 75 degrees
    Water is clear and bright

Should I worry or continue to monitor?
    Any suggestions from folks in Arizona that may have similiar issues.

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images
    In-Ground SWG pool 11,000 gal., Jandy CL460 Filter, 1.5hp Stealth Jandy pump, Paramount PV3 In-Floor cleaning sys., Goldline SWG, Hayward Color Logic 2.5 LED Light

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Staining between floor and walls

To me it looks like sand that the cleaners pushed to that area. Have you tried just vacuuming it up? My cleaner heads get most of the dirt to the drains, but push the rest into 3 areas that look a lot like yours.
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by Melt In The Sun
    To me it looks like sand that the cleaners pushed to that area. Have you tried just vacuuming it up? My cleaner heads get most of the dirt to the drains, but push the rest into 3 areas that look a lot like yours.
    I have brushed it but it doesn't move. I have an infloor cleaning system and don't have a movable head clearer like many.
    In-Ground SWG pool 11,000 gal., Jandy CL460 Filter, 1.5hp Stealth Jandy pump, Paramount PV3 In-Floor cleaning sys., Goldline SWG, Hayward Color Logic 2.5 LED Light

4. Back To Top    #4

Maybe some organic debris sat there over the winter? Have you tried the trichlor tab/vitamin C tests?
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by Melt In The Sun
    Maybe some organic debris sat there over the winter? Have you tried the trichlor tab/vitamin C tests?
    No I haven't. How would you apply?
    Is this a powder or liquid? trichlor tab/vitamin C
    Do you buy in pool supply?

Thanks

6. Back To Top    #6

I hope it is organic. My massive amounts of "dust" and silt carry iron into the pool which does "metal stain" the pool unless I use sequestrates and keep the cleaner running many hours a day (five 2 hour cycles per day minimum) to keep it from staying in one spot for too long. My fill water does not have iron so it can only be the dust/silt.

Gotta run right now but will later post a picture of my "stuff" after not running the cleaner for a 24-36 hr period during a little higher than normal winds with doggies in and out of pool during the day. 20 mph is a gentle breeze here.

gg=alice
    1981, 25K, IG, Blue Plaster 1996, somewhat oval, widens a bit at shallow end, 1.5" pipes, 2" at Pad, 1 separate main drain, 1 skimmer, 4 returns + dedicated cleaner return, 10 ft deep end with very fast decline from shallow, Pentair Quad 80 DE, Pentair Intelliflo VF, 3/4 HP Booster Pump (equipment pad about 8 ft below top of pool), Challanger 3/4 Trash/Emergency Pump 120v, Polaris 280 (pressure), iRobot Verro cleaner (robotic), Aquabot Turbo (robotic), Jacuzzi Tracker 4X (vacuum) Pool Blaster (Buster), Two (2) PoolSkims, Solar Breeze (solar powered top skimmer) (beta to ver. 2, release date 2010), ColorSplash LED replacement bulb. Aries 550 gal separate spa, 2002 (our 3rd and BEST spa) , BBB-Bromine

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by geekgranny
    I hope it is organic. My massive amounts of "dust" and silt carry iron into the pool which does "metal stain" the pool unless I use sequestrates and keep the cleaner running many hours a day (five 2 hour cycles per day minimum) to keep it from staying in one spot for too long. My fill water does not have iron so it can only be the dust/silt.

Gotta run right now but will later post a picture of my "stuff" after not running the cleaner for a 24-36 hr period during a little higher than normal winds with doggies in and out of pool during the day. 20 mph is a gentle breeze here.

gg=alice

I don't beleuve it is iron or I would have heard more from friends in the area. I think it is just dirt stains and we will see if it gets reduced when we get into the water.
    My temp is about 78 degrees today and should be at 80 shortly.
    Thanks