Seacoast, NH
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
OK, my pool was opened on Monday. The motor on the pump wasn't working, so the pb came back today and replaced it.

The water is cloudy and murky. Can't see more than a shadow of the bottom of the deep end.

Here are my numbers:
pH - Taylor test kit doesn't go below 7. Test strips say 6.8
TA - 100
FC - 0
TC - 0
CH - 150
CYA - Very low. I wouldn't say it is zero, but you can still see the dot faintly when it is filled to the top.

Oh, and by the way, the salt is very low too.

I know I need to do some work on everything, but where would you recommend starting. I'm thinking I should start with a bunch of chlorine.

I like your style. :goodjob: First, bring that pH up to 7.2 and then start with a bunch of chlorine. Use bleach. I would add enough this evening to get your FC to 12 and add enough CYA to get to 30. Keep the pump running and continue shocking until your FC holds overnight.

Once you are finished shocking you can raise your CYA to between 60 and 80, add the salt you need, and turn on your SWCG.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.