Do you need CH in an AGP?

May 17, 2009
Jasper, TN
I don't know why I'm second guessing myself all of a sudden. I had all this down last season but it's like I don't know if I'm ok now all of a sudden :hammer:

Just did some tests... will be doing another FC early in the morning to make sure I have no drop.

FC = 8 (or 7.5... pink was gone but water still didn't look totally clear.. one more drop made it completely clear)
CC = 0
CYA = 50
PH = 7.8 (yes I know it's a tiny bit high but waiting till tomorrow to see what FC does)
TA = 60
CH = not sure

After the 5 drops of R11, the water turned a blue/green. I dropped in R12 anyway and after 5 drops water turned clear again. Does that mean 0?

I don't have to worry about it with a vinyl liner on a AGP anyway though right?

One of the basic rules of testing is to continue adding drops till the color stops changing. The drop that fails to change the color any further doesn't count. So your FC level is 8. Your CH level might be 50, or another drop might have changed the color further, but it probably isn't much above 50.

The recommended CH level for a pool with a vinyl liner is between 50 and 300, so you should be just fine. The only reason to maintain a higher CH level is if you have relatively new equipment and your warranty coverages requires it.

Your PH is a little high, and by the time you lower the PH, your TA will probably be on the edge of getting a little low. You might want to raise the TA up to 70, no rush though.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.