Simple addition to any cookout...

Melt In The Sun

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Oct 29, 2009
Tucson, AZ
Hi all, first post in this area. A fellow real-wood smoker and lump charcoal guy.

Whenever grilling burgers, dogs, steaks, etc, I like to toss a couple of yellow chiles on the edges of the grill (if you can get them where you live). No frills, just take them off when they blister and eat them whole, holding the stem. Too hot for wusses, but pleasantly warm for most folks. Really juicy too.

Just make sure you get the right ones; many varieties of chiles look similar. They are 3-6 inches long and up to about 2 inches wide. You will regret it if you get these by mistake:

Attachments

• 813.jpg
    813.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 159
  • PFO8223.jpg
    PFO8223.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 159
Melt In The Sun said:
Hi all, first post in this area. A fellow real-wood smoker and lump charcoal guy.

Whenever grilling burgers, dogs, steaks, etc, I like to toss a couple of yellow chiles on the edges of the grill (if you can get them where you live). No frills, just take them off when they blister and eat them whole, holding the stem. Too hot for wusses, but pleasantly warm for most folks. Really juicy too.
Yum! I actually like jalapenos grilled this way, but they do get a little warm on the tongue... :oops: That's when it's: BEER, to the rescue! :super: ::epds::

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.