Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Lamotte borac test strips

1. Back To Top    #1

Daytona Beach, FL 32117 USA

Lamotte borac test strips

I put in 6 boxes of 20 mule team borax in 12k pool. The pool calculator said I should put 9.3 four lb. Boxes. I tested with the strips after adding 3 boxes each time and the 2nd time around it looked like the strip indicated 50 ppm. The color looks about right, but the shade is not as intense as the color on the bottle.

What are the expert's opinions on what I should do?

12k Gal. Kidney IG pool (Built around 1964 screened enclosure?), Tahoe Blue Diamond Brite (Added 12/2007), 1 hp motor, Sta-Rite P2 pump, Hayward C900 paper cartridge filter, Resilience SWG PSC-3 SCC 25 Element, Dolphin Robatic Cleaner, Lamotte ColorQ Pro 11, Taylor K2006C, Lamotte Tracer PockeTester PH/TDS/SAL, purptiger

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Lamotte borac test strips

Those test strips are very approximate, the best option available but still tricky to be sure of the exact level. There is no "right answer" about what to do. You are probably fine where you are, but I would add a bit more borax, just to be sure your level will be good through the whole season, another box or two.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School