Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: what order when installing wall foam and foam cove?

1. Back To Top    #1

what order when installing wall foam and foam cove?

Do I install the wall foam right down to the rail and the foam cove over the top of that or the foam cove and the wall foam from the top of the cove up? Thanks
    18x33x52 Buttressfree Seaspray (Wilbar) AGP - 1.5hp Pentair Maxim w/22" Pentair Meteor Sand Filter, Aqua Rite SWG System, Biltmore Walk In Steps - 2/4x20 Solar Panel Setup - Doheny Jet Drive (RIP -Pool Rover Jr) - finally hard plumbed the whole darned thing -
    Beats Driving to the Lake!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: what order when installing wall foam and foam cove?

I would think the wall foam would go all the way down, then the cove on top, but I really have no idea so don't take my advice on that.

I just wanted to say good luck, hope the weather works out for you and you're swimming soon!
    John

24' round Vogue AGP 12,000 gal. Flotec AT251001-01 1HP pump, Hayward S310T2 sand filter, Aquarite SWG T-15
    TF-100 (found at TF Test Kits) with Speedstir and Samplesizer

3. Back To Top    #3

John has it right. The wall foam goes all the way to the bottom and the cove inside of that.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Perfect. Thank you! BTW - half an hour ago the wind took the wall out of the bottom rail just as I thought all was going so well.... No big creases though but now I have to clean gravel out of bottom rail and get it back in there. Pulled the liner out of the pool so it's time to rock n roll on the grunt work!
    18x33x52 Buttressfree Seaspray (Wilbar) AGP - 1.5hp Pentair Maxim w/22" Pentair Meteor Sand Filter, Aqua Rite SWG System, Biltmore Walk In Steps - 2/4x20 Solar Panel Setup - Doheny Jet Drive (RIP -Pool Rover Jr) - finally hard plumbed the whole darned thing -

5. Back To Top    #5

Good guess on my part! It just made sense to me you wouldn't want a seam right above the cove, so I went with it!

BTW,

I've been wanting to use that one...but seriously, pics if you can!
    John

24' round Vogue AGP 12,000 gal. Flotec AT251001-01 1HP pump, Hayward S310T2 sand filter, Aquarite SWG T-15
    TF-100 (found at TF Test Kits) with Speedstir and Samplesizer

6. Back To Top    #6

I'll post pix at the other thread "Hurry up and Wait..."