New to pool ownership

May 16, 2010
CA
Hello all,

First off I would like to thank the people who put this site together and keep it afloat. :p As a first time pool owner it has been a priceless resource in giving me a crash course in chemistry and tool needed to keep my pool maintained. When we moved in to our new place in January of this year the previous owner had a pool guy come out and do a full service. $130 per month. I instantly changed that to chemicals only for $60 per month and canceled the service altogether at the beginning of March thanks to this site. Turns out the guy was doing a shotty job. Cartridge filter was super dirty, Polaris was missing the tail scrubber and did not work correctly, the floating chlorine buoy was empty, and a few of the chemical readings were way off. Oh well, all is good now thanks to this site. There are a few small issues to figure out. There are 2 directional valves I need to figure out exactly what they control, one of the lights was cut out of the fountain/waterfall, and the tiles have some white buildup.

Thanks for reading,
Mike

Picture024416.jpg