Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New to pool ownership

1. Back To Top    #1

New to pool ownership

Hello all,

First off I would like to thank the people who put this site together and keep it afloat. :P As a first time pool owner it has been a priceless resource in giving me a crash course in chemistry and tool needed to keep my pool maintained. When we moved in to our new place in January of this year the previous owner had a pool guy come out and do a full service. $130 per month. I instantly changed that to chemicals only for $60 per month and canceled the service altogether at the beginning of March thanks to this site. Turns out the guy was doing a shotty job. Cartridge filter was super dirty, Polaris was missing the tail scrubber and did not work correctly, the floating chlorine buoy was empty, and a few of the chemical readings were way off. Oh well, all is good now thanks to this site. There are a few small issues to figure out. There are 2 directional valves I need to figure out exactly what they control, one of the lights was cut out of the fountain/waterfall, and the tiles have some white buildup.

Thanks for reading,

20,000 gallons. 1HP Hayward. 280 Polaris with booster. Hayward cartridge filter. 1 1/2HP Hayward to run waterfall/heater and who knows what else it is hooked to. Still learning what all the valves control. :(

2. Back To Top    #2
    SW Indiana

Re: New to pool ownership

Welcome to TFP.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

3. Back To Top    #3

Flower Mound, TX

Re: New to pool ownership

10K gallon IG gunite with waterfall; Pentair CC320P filter; WhisperFlo 2 HP pump
    TF Test Kits - Pool Math - Pool School
    "It depends."- JohnT