Monday--Monday

joel0711

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 25, 2010
East Tennessee, 40 miles west of Knoxville Tn.
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I have had the weekend to open my pool, but tomorrow is a work day and I will not have the time to test/add chlorine before leaving for work.
Last night after sundown I tested for chlorine and got fc-20 and cc-.5..This morning before the sun came up fully I tested and got fc- 19.5 and cc-0.... This afternoon at 430 p.m. i tested and got fc--16 and cc-.5... I added 1/2 gallon of 12.5% chlorine and tested again at 7 p.m.
I got fc--21 and cc-0. CYA was 70 at opening.
Earlier I added super washing soda and it raised TA to 100
My overnite test showed 1.0 loss of chlorine band I have a weak green color in the deep part of the pool. It is clearing up slowly though. Can I figure that with the weak green color I still have living algae and need to keep shock level going? Brushed early and late today. Would I be safe in adding 1/2 gallon chlorine in the morning before work or leave as is and test/add soon as I get home in the afternoon?? The pool was finished at the end of last july. I was using test strips and making blind guesses. Never knew any different until I happened on this fine site! It's been a real lifesaver for this newbie.

Yes, I would add 1/2 jug before work and then resume the shocking process as soon as you get home in the evening - it sounds like you are very close.
Do you have a bottom drain - is it open? If not make sure you have a return pointed towards the bottom to make sure adequate circulation is taking place in the deep end.

frustratedpoolmom said:
Yes, I would add 1/2 jug before work and then resume the shocking process as soon as you get home in the evening - it sounds like you are very close.
Do you have a bottom drain - is it open? If not make sure you have a return pointed towards the bottom to make sure adequate circulation is taking place in the deep end.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++

THANKS ,,,, I have the bottom drain open and the returns horizontal to the bottom.
I'm going out now and turn them pointing toward the bottom...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.