Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: anyone tried a Jandy touch?

1. Back To Top    #1

anyone tried a Jandy touch?

Has anyone installed or upgraded to a Jandy Touch system?

I'd love to know what specific functionality improvements it has over the RS 8 late model software.
    It would be great if I could do temperature based switching. i.e. use solar priority heat the pool to 83 then switch to the jacuzzi till 104-

Uncle Dave
    20K Gallon Gunnite pool/900 Gallon in ground Spa/2HP WhisperflowSpa
    Pentair Master temp 400/Hayward Sand WZeobrite/Jandy RS-8 Aqualink/Jandy 2HP Epump
    12 - 4x10 Panels/Zodiac G3-T5 / BBB

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: anyone tried a Jandy touch?

Quote Originally Posted by Davegvg
    Has anyone installed or upgraded to a Jandy Touch system?

I'd love to know what specific functionality improvements it has over the RS 8 late model software.
    It would be great if I could do temperature based switching. i.e. use solar priority heat the pool to 83 then switch to the jacuzzi till 104-

Uncle Dave
    My controller motherboard went bad on my RS and it was cheaper to buy the Touch upgrade kit then to just buy a new motherboard (comes with new motherboard and new inside control panel for less then an RS motherboard) . I like the Touch system. I have more control, easier programing, and lock-out control for renters. I can also see everything that is going on at one time because it has a display screen instead of the single row of scrolling text.

As for your specific question, give them a call or talk with your local dealer.
    Pool #1 IG 24k Diamond Brite plaster with spill-over spa. Jandy Aqua Link RS One Touch with built into pool floor cleaner. Jacuzzi Magnum pump/basket feeding Hayward top mount Zeosand filter. Jacuzzi Magnum pump/basket for Spa Jets. Heat Siphon pool heat pump. Dolphin Robotic pool cleaner.

Pool #2 IG 35K 20X40 Vinyl. Hayward top mount Zeosand filter with Pentair 3 HP IntelliFlo VS+SVRS. Chemical Free pool using Water Doctor Copper Ion Generator, PoolSkim, Polaris 9300 Sport robotic pool cleaner, Heat Siphon pool heat pump, solar blanket, Ameri-Dome 50X30 dome enclosure during Winter.