Polaris 380 replacement booster pump

sktn77a

Gold Supporter
May 16, 2010
Chapel Hill, NC
Hello:

My Polaris 380 booster pump (I believe it is the origina PB4-60, not the Halcyon Q model) is 15 years old and has always been noisy. However, this season it's gotten so loud you can't hear a conversation if you're sitting close to it - sounds like its about to self destruct. I would like to replace it with a quieter pump from a different manufacturer and also a less expensive one, if possible (I've heard other polaris pumps and they're all too noisy).

Any recommendations (based on successful installations) on a quiet 110v pump with 1.5" fittings?

Thanks

Keith

I don't really know from pumps but I have a PB4 and I don't think it's all that loud. Being inside the shed helps of course, but even with the doors open it's no problem to hold a normal conversation right there. So I would first suspect something reasonably repairable, like needing new bearings. Hopefully someone mroe in tune with pumps will be able to answer with more confidence.
--paulr

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.