Need a new Chlorinator

Jun 29, 2007
Hey guys, I apologize if this is in the wrong spot but I was not sure where to put this. I currently have a hayward chlorinator on my pool but it has been more and more troublesome with leaks. I wanted to switch over to a salt water setup but money is just not allowing it right now.

Since my pool is a few years old I presume there is newer and better options for chlorine feeders out there. Does anyone have any suggestion on good brands / bad brands.

Also since this pool was put in by someone else I am not positive on certain things, such as looking in a store today I saw options about in line and offline chlorinators.

I appreciate any help

Thank you for that I looked it up and actually figured out my question from before. I presume inline is where the actually pool piping runs through it. as opposed to offline where there are just two wires that connect into the piping.

Are these not really used much anymore? When looking around for them it seems there is really only that pentair one and hayward. Plus both look like older models. Just surprises me when I thought there would be more new stuff out there.

piker28 said:
Are these not really used much anymore? When looking around for them it seems there is really only that pentair one and hayward. Plus both look like older models. Just surprises me when I thought there would be more new stuff out there.

Trichlor adds CYA so rapidly that it can be difficult to maintain a pool after a few seasons of use. SWCGs or the use of non-stabilized chlorine are much better long-term choices.

I would suggest looking at the Liquidator by Hasa; it's an off-line liquid chlorine feeder that can be had for under $200. There are a good number of users here on the forum, and lots of help in the "chemical automation and the liquidator" sub-forum.

Although I have had this pool for around 3yrs now it is definitely a hassle to take care of. It is around a 40,000 gallon pool so I was looking at options where I only have to monitor it every week or so instead of a few days like it is right now.

I was looking up that Hasa system, and it seems it is dispenser but it uses liquid chlorine to do so? It seems like a very interesting option since it states that it you only have to check on it every couple of weeks. I wonder though if that holds true with the size of my pool, since it is on the large side.

You should be able to figure that out pretty easily. How much chlorine (ppm) does your pool typically lose in a day? Knowing that, the volume of the liquidator, and the liquid chlorine %, you could figure out how many ppm the liquidator holds. For a large pool like yours, the big one would probably work fine.

That being said, you still should check your water at least every couple days. No way around it. If something goes wrong, you can correct it before the problems start.

Yea it is tough with getting home at 10pm everynight. Sometimes I get help during the day though so it is somewhat monitored.

Searching around for that Hasa it seems it is not really sold many places I think I found one that was actually carrying it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.