Easy Set Year 2 Chemical Confirmation

DDave

May 27, 2009
Corning, CA
I'm getting ready to set up my Easy Set pool for season 2. Last season, I discovered the Trouble Free Pool forum AFTER I had it setup and had purchased trichlor tabs and all the other silly stuff that friends suggested. I bought the TF 100 test kit and switched to BBB after the CYA level reached 30 and am happy to say I made it through last summer with NO algae outbreaks whatsoever.

This year I want to start out following the Guide for Seasonal/Temporary Pools and just want to confirm some of the products I am preparing to order. I have found Dichlor and Polyquat 60 at the following links and just want to confirm that I am buying the correct stuff.

http://www.spadepot.com/shop/Dichlor-Sanitizing-Granules-1-lb-P618C43.aspx

If I am reading the guide correctly, I need 2.5 pounds. They come in 1 pound containers so I'll get 3.

http://www.poolgeek.com/ProTeam-Pol...m=ProTeam Polyquat 60&utm_campaign=googlebase

How much Polyquat would I need assuming a 5400 gallon pool and a swimming season of 16 weeks?

Thanks for the help and thanks for the great site. :goodjob:

Dave

That's the dichlor, and that's the polyquat 60.
As for amounts of PQ60, that web page says initial treatment 6 to 11 oz per 10,000 gallons, and maintenance dose 2 to 4 oz per 10,000 gallons. So for your pool, 3-5 oz initial dose and 1-2 oz weekly after that. If you're good about maintaining the FC, I'd say use 1 oz weekly; if you have trouble, go with 2 oz.
It's a quart bottle, so one should last you the season.
--paulr

PaulR said:
As for amounts of PQ60, that web page says initial treatment 6 to 11 oz per 10,000 gallons, and maintenance dose 2 to 4 oz per 10,000 gallons. So for your pool, 3-5 oz initial dose and 1-2 oz weekly after that. If you're good about maintaining the FC, I'd say use 1 oz weekly; if you have trouble, go with 2 oz.
It's a quart bottle, so one should last you the season.
--paulr

Oops . . . I guess I should have read the whole page. :oops:

Thanks for the info though. :goodjob:

Dave

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.