Does anyone seal the cooping?

fmrock

Mar 24, 2009
Hey Everyone.. I have an inground pool with a stamped concrete deck and paver cooping.

Do people seal the cooping? I know people seal there paver driveways and stuff and they look great. Just wonder why we wouldnt do the cooping.

Thanks

Not sure. I know they sealed the stamped concrete deck, but not the coping. Also, i know people seal their paver drive ways and it makes the pavers look nice.

Thats why I was wondering if I should try seal the paver coping.

Our textured (trowled, not stamped, but is similar) concrete is sealed every year with "Glaze ‘N Seal Multi-Purpose Clear Sealer" as recommended by the installer. It seems to work very well. A light power wash (or garden hose wash -- must be careful not to have the stream too strong) is done first, then dried (overnight, usually) then the sealer is applied in the morning and dried by the sun. Though it initially has more of a glossed look and is a little more slippery after application, after about a week this diminishes and it looks great. We also sometimes seal the concrete coping as well. Both can be seen around our pool here.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.