Safe to swim at Shock level?

May 7, 2010
Dallas, TX
should be done shocking tomorrow if the FC holds. CC is already at 0. Can my wife swim tomorrow if no chemicals are needed after the ones i add tonight to get my FC back up to 15? She wont be going under the water, just cooling off after laying out. And she's preggers. Don't know it that matters, but want to be safe.

After you shock is the plan to just let the FC fall back to the normal range of 3-7 then begina daily testing and adjusting of FC?

After you shock is the plan to just let the FC fall back to the normal range of 3-7 then begina daily testing and adjusting of FC?
That's the plan. Sounds like you've gotten a good grasp of things very quickly. Well Done!! :lol: :lol:

Most of us use shock value as a guideline to swim/not swim. It's likely just fine to swim in chlorinated water far, far higher than that but shock seems to be an agreed safe value.

I always use the washing machine analogy.....a cup of clorox when you do whites in the wash raises FC to about 250-300ppm with no CYA.

I'm sure the posts here are made in good faith. Whether it is safe for a pregnant woman to swim in a heavily chlorinated pool is not (in my opinion) a question that should, or could, be answered on an open forum. I would take medical advice.

The basic rule of thumb for folks barring medical allowances is that anything less than shock level is okay to swim in. Swimming in water above shock level will result in a faded swimsuit.

I Googled it. :google: Certainly is impressive but way expensive. As far as I can tell this brand is only for European market but there is/are USA equivalent.

If we win the lottery I might just have to put one over the pool. :roll: If the lottery win is big, though, I'll probably rebuild the pool and put a real house addition on to house dream pool (that I now have a better idea about since discovering TPF.) :mrgreen:

gg=alice

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.