I have an inground vinyl pool that is 45,000 gallons, with a 2 hp Hayward Super Pump, a sand filter that holds 300 lbs of sand, and automatic chlorinator, that we have had since 1989. Since opening it we have been unable to get a chlorine reading when we test the water. We had quite a few of problems with the water clearing up after we opened it, and finally had to use alum to get the junk out. We swept that away through waste, and now the water is sparkling clean, but still no chlorine reading. We have shocked, super chlorinated, adjusted, had the water tested for phosphates (0), and every other problem conceivable. We changed the sand in the filter this spring. The water values as of 15 minutes ago were:
I am at my wits end. The pool has been open over a month and while it has been difficult getting it cleared up, we finally managed. However, the no chlorine is really bugging me. We have the chlorine cranked all the way up, the tabs are dissolving, pump is running 24/7, and we are floating clorine tabs in a floating chlorinator. Still nothing. HELP!!