replacing an o-ring

May 30, 2009
Columbia, TN
Last year, I opened up the flow handle and changed the o-ring as per the advice of my local pool store (prior to finding this site!). Ever since then, when I turn it to backwash, rinse, etc., it gets pulled up somehow and water starts coming out of the backwash pipe in the yard. All last year, anytime I moved the flow handle off of filter to do anything, I would have to open up the flow handle and put the o-ring back in place so I would not lose water. Needless to say, this should be very unnecessary. I think the best solution is to replace the o-ring again, but I want to make sure I can secure it down so that it doesn't move. That would alleviate the need to open up the flow handle so much. Any suggestions on securing the o-ring down? Thanks for any advice you can give.

I believe I am referring to the multiport valve instead of a flow handle? I am not familiar with the name of the parts...just what they look like!

When I changed it last year, the pool store told me to glue it down with pvc glue. Not sure if this was the best idea or not, though I did follow their instructions. Obviously, that did not work.

If you are talking about a multiport valve aka spidergasket you can use HH-66 glue it skins quickly and is very elastic. If the gasket is deformed from unseating itself you will need to purchase a new one. Whenever you glue make sure all surfaces are clean and dry. Jacks lube may be used on the upward facing part of the gasket after it has been glued

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.