PoolSkim Height Adjustment

Steve456

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 3, 2008
Texas
I have a PoolSkim installed in my pool. It is a value in keeping the surface of the pool clean. :-D

The PoolSkim is installed on a standard 1 ½ inlet return. I hand tighten the connecting ring nut as tight as I can. Over a period of several days the body of the PoolSkim rises too high because the connecting ring is not sufficiently tight. :(

I have considered using PVC glue to hold the PoolSkim in place but would rather not make a permanent connection. I have wondered if I should use Teflon tape or what to increase the friction on the connecting ring? Should I use a wrench?

Suggestions from other PoolSkim owners on the methods you have used to keep the PoolSkim at the correct height would be appreciated.

TIA

Is the force of water from that return causing the pool skim to rotate slightly? If you can, adjust the pipes on the pool skim so the water flow is opposite of where it is now. I had to fiddle around with mine quite a bit before I had it positioned just right.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.