Become a TFP Supporter Welcome to our new server and new forum software. Pool School

Thread: high salt/amps

high salt/amps

I have agualogic system - I'm getting a check system high salt/amps reading. What do I do? Do I need to have it serviced? I don't understand the manual. I have drained and added more water to lower the salt to 3600. What does the diagnostics 25v 5A mean?
    18x36 Rectangle dual drains in floor
    Digital Autopilot SWG
    AqualCal Heat Pump
    1.5 Horsepowered pool pump

Re: high salt/amps

You will get a high salt error when the salt is too high or the water temperature is suddenly really high as would occur with solar turning on or a heater turning on. Also, if you just added salt you might wait a day or two to see if the salt will circulate and dilute.

To reset the warning and see if it occurs again, go to Diagnostic Menu and click right button then click + button. This will reset the SWG. After the SWG starts, see if it reads high salt again.
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump and Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study
    18'x36' 20k gallon plaster/gunite pool, 1/2 HP 2sp pump, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge Filter, 450 sq-ft EPDM Solar Panel, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater, ThePoolCleaner, DIY Acid Dosing

Re: high salt/amps

Tammyill,

I think we need more information to answer your question. Did you just add salt to your pool? Do you have an attatched spa? Is the heater on when this happens? A complete description of your pool, equipment and recent chemistry would help alot.

Rob
    27ft Above Ground Pool
    Sand filter