Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wow! Taylor SpeedStir is SO COOL

1. Back To Top    #1

Wow! Taylor SpeedStir is SO COOL

I am so tickled. You know I won the "Name your Pool Cleaner" contest and I had no idea what the prize was. Didn't even think to ask.

Well, today I got my Taylor SpeedStir in the mail.

How cool is this? Way cool. Runs on batteries. That is easy. Turns itself off if you forget. That is smart.

It holds the regular vials that are in my TF100 test kit. Good, no need to figure out how to store the extra vial in my test kit.

It fits into my test kit box. That is super handy. I really like how I have arranged all my tests so that they are in the same order as the instructions, beginning at the lower left. Very nice that I could nestle this stirrer into the last section at the top with the CYA stuff. I just removed the extra CYA bottle and one divider so the stirrer is in the middle, the CYA tube and squeeze bottle on the left, the CYA solution on the right. Perfect order, I like that.

What is most cool about it is the light. When you turn it on, the base has a white light. So when the liquids are spinning and sort of vortex shaped, the color is sort of concentrated. When the expected color change occurs it is really easy to notice even if you are not looking at it. Because of the light, it flashes at you.

Oh yeah, I love it. And I probably would have never bought this for myself. I just had no idea that it was so cool.

Thanks so very much!!
    23,000 gallon in ground pool with rock waterfall and spillover spa, Aqualink control system, Polaris 380 cleaner, Purex Triton Clean&Clear Plus cartridge filter. Located in The Woodlands, Texas.

Pool owner since Nov 2008, Trouble Free since April 2009. Happy to help when I can.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Wow! Taylor SpeedStir is SO COOL

Congratulations I'm jealous
    Lynn

16x38 FG, 20,400G, 1HP/2sp Tristar pump, Hayward 425sq ft cart. filter, Pro Logic4, SWCG, 3 returns, 2 main drains, 1 skimmer, 4 Pentair deck jets, Hayward Phantom pressure cleaner/booster pump, TF-100 of course :-)orthofish-s-pool-build-finally-t13179.html

3. Back To Top    #3

Yeah, I LOVE mine!
    8,000 Gal, 11 x 26.8ft Shotcrete Pool with "Cool Blue" Diamond Brite by ESSIG Pools with Artistic Pavers Deck
    Goldine AQL-PLUS w/Aqua Pod, Aqua-Rite T-CELL-15 SWG, Pentair WhisperFlo High Performance 1.5HP, 2 speed pump, Pentair IntelliBrite,
    Pentair 100sqft Cartridge Filter, 6 Pool returns, Skimmer and 2 Anti-Vortex Main Drains
    Pool's completed build 2/2010

4. Back To Top    #4

Love mine, too!

I will never miss doing CH test without it :P

Lynn, you should have one, too
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by anonapersona
    What is most cool about it is the light. When you turn it on, the base has a white light.
    Just something to keep in mind: under low ambient light conditions, when you're using the illuminated base during a FAS-DPD test, the light is strong enough as to mask a slight pink color, making the test read low. (In other words you think the sample has turned clear when in fact it's still pink).

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by CaOCl2
    Quote Originally Posted by anonapersona
    What is most cool about it is the light. When you turn it on, the base has a white light.
    Just something to keep in mind: under low ambient light conditions, when you're using the illuminated base during a FAS-DPD test, the light is strong enough as to mask a slight pink color, making the test read low. (In other words you think the sample has turned clear when in fact it's still pink).
    That was of course the very first test I ran. I did notice that it had a bit of a greyish cast which I was about to take as the end point but I added one more drop and BAM -- there is no mistaking when it turns clear. With the light on it really flashes at you.
    23,000 gallon in ground pool with rock waterfall and spillover spa, Aqualink control system, Polaris 380 cleaner, Purex Triton Clean&Clear Plus cartridge filter. Located in The Woodlands, Texas.

Pool owner since Nov 2008, Trouble Free since April 2009. Happy to help when I can.

7. Back To Top    #7

stop. please.
    I just sold my ipod touch to my daughter (who needs CL with a 9 year old?) and I bought a new one for myself....must. stop. justifying. the. money. I'm. saving. on. pool. chems......
    Backyard pool-less, but used to be.....
    16,100 gallon, 18x38 3.5 ft deep oval AG, Vinyl, Sand, 1hp pump
    http://www.poolservicestech.com Liquidator
    http://www.poolcalculator.com/
    http://www.tftestkits.net TFT100 test kit

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by poolgirl22
    stop. please.
    I just sold my ipod touch to my daughter (who needs CL with a 9 year old?) and I bought a new one for myself....must. stop. justifying. the. money. I'm. saving. on. pool. chems......
    saving money on pool.......you....cannot.....resist.......futile....Speed Stir.....you...cannot...resist...Speed Stir....
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

9. Back To Top    #9

I like my speed stir, but I still like the vortex on my Apollo better!

10. Back To Top    #10

Yes these magnetic speed stirrers are a nice functional addition to the test kit. I love my Apollo stirrer. Makes testing a breeze
    6,000 gal, IG free form,Beach Series Antigua by Marbletite Pebble finish,Sheer Descent, IG Fountain, Dolphin / Mermaid Statues,Dura- Glas 1.5hp pump,Hayward Pro-grid DE4820, Aqua Rite SWG with T-Cell 15,Heat Siphon Heat Pump DX 5.0 109,000 btu, Pool Cage, 1800sq ft Tremron Estate Pavers,Aquatherm Ecosun Solar Panels 192 sq ft with GL-235 Controller,Pentair IntelliBrite, Apollo Magnetic Stirrer Our New Poolbuild, Jacksonville, FL yr 2009 Solar install Outdoor kitchen upgrade

11. Back To Top    #11

I got mine today!

Some of my test results have changed from the ordinary. My CH went down, and so did my FC.

I just wish it came with multiple stirrers, since I have a multitude of vials, and I wouldn't have to rinse it between tests.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

12. Back To Top    #12

Extra stirrers are easy to pick up on eBay inexpensively.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

13. Back To Top    #13

I just received mine today and it only contains the Speedstir and batteries. For some reason, there is no sample tube or the white pill like object that can be seen packed above the tube in the following picture...

The packaging hasn't been tampered with so I'm not sure if this is a cost cutting measure or if mine somehow mistakenly made it by QA?
    20,000 Gallons Inground Vinyl Pool, 1 skimmer, 1 floor drain, 4 return jets, 1 vacuum intake
    Hayward Vari-Flo XL sand filter (SM2506T), Hayward EZ Flow Pump (SP-3107X10), Emerson Pump Motor (EB228), Hayward Comfortzone NG Heater, Hayward Chlorinator (CL220)

14. Back To Top    #14

Quote Originally Posted by cipher
    I just received mine today and it only contains the Speedstir and batteries. For some reason, there is no sample tube or the white pill like object that can be seen packed above the tube in the following picture...
    Where did you order it from? I know that there is the startup kit (#9265) as pictured that includes the vial and stir bar, but there is a magnetic stirrer only (#6100).
    TFP Method Advanced Intermediate
    • 17,500 gallons - In Ground - Plaster - Hayward Swimclear 3020 Cartridge Filter - Sta-Rite Max-E-Glas Main Pump upgraded with A.O. Smith B2980 E-Plus New Centurion Two-Speed Motor - Polaris 280 Cleaner with Polaris PB4-60 Booster Pump - TightWatt2 Timer - Taylor K-2006 Test Kit - Pool Pilot Digital Nano SWCG

Helpful Links: Pool School, BBB for Beginners, How to Shock (hint...it's a process not a product), Chlorine/CYA Chart, Jason's Pool Calculator

15. Back To Top    #15

In the Industry

Yikes!! It's packed in that same blister pack pictured, isn't it?
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

16. Back To Top    #16

Quote Originally Posted by Richard320
    Some of my test results have changed from the ordinary. My CH went down, and so did my FC.
    Got mine and used it for the first time last weekend. ALL of my test results were unchanged.

It's cool! It's fun!! It makes for accurate results!!! Buy one now!!!! And, buy it from Duraleigh - I did!!!!!
    36K gallon 42X22 gunite/plaster kidney-shaped IG;
    1 hp Hayward Super Pump (new in 2012);
    Hayward S244T sand filter w/ Zeosand (both new in 2009);
    175K BTU LAARS Lite2 LG natural gas heater; Polaris 380;
    TF-100 test kit.

17. Back To Top    #17

Quote Originally Posted by svenpup
    Where did you order it from? I know that there is the startup kit (#9265) as pictured that includes the vial and stir bar, but there is a magnetic stirrer only (#6100).
    I ordered it from here - http://www.lincolnaquatics.com/shop/cat ... D=25%2D002

Quote Originally Posted by duraleigh
    It came in the same packaging as the picture above, but it just included the stirrer and the 4 batteries.
    20,000 Gallons Inground Vinyl Pool, 1 skimmer, 1 floor drain, 4 return jets, 1 vacuum intake
    Hayward Vari-Flo XL sand filter (SM2506T), Hayward EZ Flow Pump (SP-3107X10), Emerson Pump Motor (EB228), Hayward Comfortzone NG Heater, Hayward Chlorinator (CL220)

18. Back To Top    #18

Quote Originally Posted by cipher
    Quote Originally Posted by svenpup
    I ordered it from here - http://www.lincolnaquatics.com/shop/cat ... D=25%2D002

Quote Originally Posted by duraleigh
    It came in the same packaging as the picture above, but it just included the stirrer and the 4 batteries.
    Bummer...sound like you got "pool stored" again. I think you have a legitimate gripe since the picture shows the vial and stir bar. It just says "batteries not included", which is also incorrect.
    TFP Method Advanced Intermediate
    • 17,500 gallons - In Ground - Plaster - Hayward Swimclear 3020 Cartridge Filter - Sta-Rite Max-E-Glas Main Pump upgraded with A.O. Smith B2980 E-Plus New Centurion Two-Speed Motor - Polaris 280 Cleaner with Polaris PB4-60 Booster Pump - TightWatt2 Timer - Taylor K-2006 Test Kit - Pool Pilot Digital Nano SWCG

Helpful Links: Pool School, BBB for Beginners, How to Shock (hint...it's a process not a product), Chlorine/CYA Chart, Jason's Pool Calculator

19. Back To Top    #19

In the Industry

I think you have a legitimate gripe since the picture shows the vial and stir bar
    Yeah, I agree completely.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

20. Back To Top    #20

I'm sure the folks who own one know this, but just in case... the CYA mixing bottle in the TF100 fits perfectly on the speedstir. And the magnetic stirrer fits, too.

Measure water, add reagent, drop in the stirrer and have a sip of coffee while it mixes the sample thoroughly.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast