Opened This Morning

joel0711

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 25, 2010
East Tennessee, 40 miles west of Knoxville Tn.
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Opened pool this morning. pool man hooked everything up. Since I never had done it I wanted to be sure it was correct,easy operation. Got water circulating and added 2 gal. 12.5% chlorine.Taking it slow and easy.
Checked numbers 30 minutes ago.
fc--- 8ppm
cc---.5
cya---70
Ph and TA has not been addressed yet but Im going to the store for super wash and baking soda shortly.

To reach shock level of 20ppm pool calculator said to add 1 gal. 3qts. so I added 1 gal. and 1 qt.(again slow & easy). I will re-check numbers in approx 2hrs. Is this too longor too short of time for re-test??
Pool is clearing up nicely. Shallow end is milky, deep end is still green but is getting clearer by the hour. I have brushed walls twice and backflushed 4 times and am watching pressure gauge. Vaccuum is picking up good and I have "scooped" also.
If all goes well I plan on running pump 24/7 over the weekend and monitoring close.
When the pool was ready last year the in line chlorinator had been running full open for so long we could smell chlorine easily and it was very harsh on grand daughter's skin. Today I'm smelling nothing and the pool is clearing nicely---- I LIKE!!-----
Any tips or suggestions for a newbie will be appreciated..... thanks again

You are doing a great job!

You can wait anywhere from one hour to several hours between testing and adding chlorine. The faster the FC level falls between tests/additions, the more it is worth checking frequently.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.