I am new to the BBB Method and I appreciate all the help!
1) Is there any harm on keeping my chlorinator tab setting at 5 without any pucks in it? Or should I set it to 0.
2) I was out of town and let my chlorine get to 0. I added my usualy 2 bottles of bleach and all is fine. I am now a believer of not having to shock as the "pool store" recommends. I am concerned as 1 of the criteria to shock is if the FC gets to 0. What are the other criteria? I did a phosphate test and got 0 so am I safe? Or should I go ahead and shock?
3) I am going to do the borates this weekend. Just to confirm, add 1/2 borates and 1/2 acid, brush, repeat second 1/2, brush, run pump for 48 hours and test.
4) Are borates safe for a 2 year old to be in the pool if they accidentally swallow some pool water?
5) My pool builder put in an ozonator when I built it 2 years ago. Is this useful or just a gimmick?
Thanks again. I love this site!