Lights for ABG

May 7, 2010
My backyard is very dark as I'm way in the country. My pool has no light. What might be a good light to look into? They are a LED at walmart that somehow attaches magnetically and I'm assuming plugs in? It's $50 and is just plain white light.

Curiously, I noticed a round hole on my pool maybe 6 inches in diameter cut out, the liner is covering it. hubby thinks it may be where you can install a light.

I'm trying to figure out what light options there are in general, I know I've seen some too that fit into the return. Do most you have to drain water first? I don't really know all the concepts of how these all work.

I guess I need pool light for AG 101 :idea:

frustratedpoolmom said:
Bama Rambler said:
We have the Nitelighter NLMC multicolored light and love it. It just hangs over the wall of the pool so no modifying or draining of the pool.

I ordered mine online but haven't hooked it up yet. Can't wait to see how it works :)

If you're expecting bright, vivid colors, prepare to be underwhelmed. At least I was.

So we have a yea and a nay for the nitelighter. And some SEC conference fans. :)

So what are other good choices?

I think we will start with the flood light thingies on the side of the house. They've been burned out the whole time we've lived here. Will start with replacing those and see how much that shines .. I'm assuming that's all the last owners used.

Anyone else have that circle cut out thing on the side of their AG? It's bugging me to knwo if it's for a light lol.

cardiacmommy said:
So we have a yea and a nay for the nitelighter. And some SEC conference fans. :)

So what are other good choices?

I think we will start with the flood light thingies on the side of the house. They've been burned out the whole time we've lived here. Will start with replacing those and see how much that shines .. I'm assuming that's all the last owners used.

Anyone else have that circle cut out thing on the side of their AG? It's bugging me to knwo if it's for a light lol.

Pentair makes one that's in the return (the Aqualuminator, IIRC). I've heard good things about it, especially the color led version. A bit pricey though.

Can you take a picture of the cut out? That might make it easier to decipher what it's for.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.