Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Lights for ABG

  1. Back To Top    #1

    Lights for ABG

    My backyard is very dark as I'm way in the country. My pool has no light. What might be a good light to look into? They are a LED at walmart that somehow attaches magnetically and I'm assuming plugs in? It's $50 and is just plain white light.

    Curiously, I noticed a round hole on my pool maybe 6 inches in diameter cut out, the liner is covering it. hubby thinks it may be where you can install a light.

    I'm trying to figure out what light options there are in general, I know I've seen some too that fit into the return. Do most you have to drain water first? I don't really know all the concepts of how these all work.

    I guess I need pool light for AG 101
    Location: East TN
    ? 15x30 Lomart Above ground

  2. Back To Top    #2
    Mod Squad Bama Rambler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    SouthWest Alabama
    Posts
    22,347

    Re: Lights for ABG

    We have the Nitelighter NLMC multicolored light and love it. It just hangs over the wall of the pool so no modifying or draining of the pool.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

  3. Back To Top    #3

    Re: Lights for ABG

    I just wanted to say to Bama Rambler, Go Gators.
    Pool Size - Trying to figure that out. SBMW 2000 (2048 Model) Inground Pool.

  4. Back To Top    #4

    Re: Lights for ABG

    no no...go VOLS! (they need all the help and cheering they can get this season..ouch!)
    Location: East TN
    ? 15x30 Lomart Above ground

  5. Back To Top    #5

    Re: Lights for ABG

    LOL@Cardiac
    Pool Size - Trying to figure that out. SBMW 2000 (2048 Model) Inground Pool.

  6. Back To Top    #6
    frustratedpoolmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    SWSuburban Chicago, IL
    Posts
    11,965

    Re: Lights for ABG

    Quote Originally Posted by Bama Rambler
    We have the Nitelighter NLMC multicolored light and love it. It just hangs over the wall of the pool so no modifying or draining of the pool.
    I ordered mine online but haven't hooked it up yet. Can't wait to see how it works
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner
    http://www.PerfectlyClearPoolService.com

  7. Back To Top    #7
    MikeInTN's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Middle Tennessee
    Posts
    1,335

    Re: Lights for ABG

    Quote Originally Posted by frustratedpoolmom
    Quote Originally Posted by Bama Rambler
    We have the Nitelighter NLMC multicolored light and love it. It just hangs over the wall of the pool so no modifying or draining of the pool.
    I ordered mine online but haven't hooked it up yet. Can't wait to see how it works
    If you're expecting bright, vivid colors, prepare to be underwhelmed. At least I was.
    24' x 52" AGP - approx 13,500 gallons
    Pentair Optiflo 1 hp/2sp pump w/ Swimpro Voyager 150 sq ft cartridge filter
    Intex 8110 SWCG
    "Fear the Schnauz!"

  8. Back To Top    #8

    Re: Lights for ABG

    So we have a yea and a nay for the nitelighter. And some SEC conference fans.

    So what are other good choices?

    I think we will start with the flood light thingies on the side of the house. They've been burned out the whole time we've lived here. Will start with replacing those and see how much that shines .. I'm assuming that's all the last owners used.

    Anyone else have that circle cut out thing on the side of their AG? It's bugging me to knwo if it's for a light lol.
    Location: East TN
    ? 15x30 Lomart Above ground

  9. Back To Top    #9
    MikeInTN's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Middle Tennessee
    Posts
    1,335

    Re: Lights for ABG

    Quote Originally Posted by cardiacmommy
    So we have a yea and a nay for the nitelighter. And some SEC conference fans.

    So what are other good choices?

    I think we will start with the flood light thingies on the side of the house. They've been burned out the whole time we've lived here. Will start with replacing those and see how much that shines .. I'm assuming that's all the last owners used.

    Anyone else have that circle cut out thing on the side of their AG? It's bugging me to knwo if it's for a light lol.
    Pentair makes one that's in the return (the Aqualuminator, IIRC). I've heard good things about it, especially the color led version. A bit pricey though.

    Can you take a picture of the cut out? That might make it easier to decipher what it's for.
    24' x 52" AGP - approx 13,500 gallons
    Pentair Optiflo 1 hp/2sp pump w/ Swimpro Voyager 150 sq ft cartridge filter
    Intex 8110 SWCG
    "Fear the Schnauz!"

  10. Back To Top    #10

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Western Pennsylvania
    Posts
    151

    Re: Lights for ABG

    What steps do you have, the steps we are about to buy have a cut out for an optional light package
    15ft round above ground pool (6600 gallons)
    Sand filter
    Jandy gas heater
    Intermatic timer

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •