Hayward CCX1750RE filter cartridge instead of a CCX1500RE???

skypig

May 13, 2010
I'm looking to replace a Hayward CCX1500RE (150 sq ft) filter cartridge. It appears that more filter area is better, true??? if so, can I use the CCX1750RE (175 sq ft) instead. The measurements of the two filters are the same, other than pleat count (215 vs 251). I can find no reference stating that they can be interchanged.
Thanx for any info.

That would be very interesting. If you can verify that "all" the dimensions are the same then I see no reason it wouldn't work. I'd really hate to waste in the neighborhood of $120 to find out they weren't quite the same though.

Other than the length, diameter, and the center hole size, is there something else I should be looking for? Based on Unicel's site here: (http://www.unicelfilters.com/pool_owner ... p03_db.asp) they are the same in all dimentions. It looks like all of the filters on that page would fit, they just have different areas of filtration. Does the pleat count have any effect on the operation of the system, other than the fact that the number of pleats determines how much filter area is available? I can see that the 36 extra pleats will make them closer together, but I don't see that being an issue. It would be different if it were 100 extra pleats. Any ideas?

It Works!!! I replaced the Hayward CCX1500RE with a Unicel C-8317 (Hayward CCX1750RE equivilent) and it fits perfectly. I should now get better filtration and less resistance to the pump with the 25 extra square feet of surface area.
I'm waiting now for my PoolSkim to arrive to see if I can ease the surface cleaning work.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.