May 25, 2009
I wanted to send out some kudos to this website and all of it's helpful information. We bought and set up our pool using many of the ideas found here. We kept our pool blue and lovely all last summer with the TF100 test kit- once you "get it"- it really is a great way of keeping up with the chemical balances in your pool. Winterized the pool as instructed and although we had the one or other disaster during the winter- the worst one being when the whole freakin' cover with gross leaves and old rainwater and what not tumbled into the pool and my husband and I almost got frostbite from fishing it out in the snow (have I mentioned we live in NC and snow is not supposed to be part of the equation????)
Note to self, umh, for the next cold season we are going to make sure that we only keep a few inches of water on the top of the cover (a foot or more plus a gazillion tons of leaves is just a tad too much) as well as fastening the sides with some camping hooks/string for better support.
But I digress. Despite all of these happenings, when we opened up our pool a week ago (with bated breath, I might add) all we could see was blue (if not quite sparkling) water. Ran some tests with my handy dandy TF100 kit and off we went. Now, if only our filter hadn't turned out to have a leak at the bottom so that the ???? gallons we had just filled it up with leaked out again whilst we were awaiting for the replacement parts to get shipped (why should the store have that kind of thing in stock anyway????) our pool would have been perfect from the start.
But all has turned out well for now. Pump/ filter good, new chemicals ordered, pool blue and sparkly. Now we just need to enjoy until the next little disaster comes around :lol: And when that disaster does roll our way- I know that you here at TFP will be ready and helpful as always and assist us through. THANK YOU!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.