Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: new ABG- return before skimmer- mistake in construction??

1. Back To Top    #1

new ABG- return before skimmer- mistake in construction??

I am filling up my pool and I notice that if you in the pool looking at the sidewall- the return comes before the skimmer. On my last (24' round) pool- it was after the skimmer- which seems to make sense with how the water flows. Seems like any debris the skimmer is intended to catch would be pushed away by the return.

Did he make a mistake?
    Intex 22' x 52" - Intex Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump - flow rate: 2,150 gal per hour
    TFTest Kits TF-100
    Waiting to stop relocating until I build my dream pool!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: new ABG- return before skimmer- mistake in construction??

Our return is to the left of our skimmer from inside the pool. The return is pointed a bit up and towards the skimmer to push the water clockwise towards the skimmer (left to right)
    18x33x52 Buttressfree Seaspray (Wilbar) AGP - 1.5hp Pentair Maxim w/22" Pentair Meteor Sand Filter, Aqua Rite SWG System, Biltmore Walk In Steps - 2/4x20 Solar Panel Setup - Doheny Jet Drive (RIP -Pool Rover Jr) - finally hard plumbed the whole darned thing -
    Beats Driving to the Lake!

3. Back To Top    #3

Our return is to the left of the skimmer too, but our water flows counter clockwise, like your last pool.

You can just reverse the flow of water so that the water circulates in the opposite direction and it should work the same...point the return so the water flows clockwise.
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner
    http://www.PerfectlyClearPoolService.com

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks- yea, that's what I thought (reverse the flow). Just curious though- are these spots already cut out of the wall- or does the installer do it?
    Intex 22' x 52" - Intex Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump - flow rate: 2,150 gal per hour
    TFTest Kits TF-100
    Waiting to stop relocating until I build my dream pool!

5. Back To Top    #5

Ours came pre-cut
    18x33x52 Buttressfree Seaspray (Wilbar) AGP - 1.5hp Pentair Maxim w/22" Pentair Meteor Sand Filter, Aqua Rite SWG System, Biltmore Walk In Steps - 2/4x20 Solar Panel Setup - Doheny Jet Drive (RIP -Pool Rover Jr) - finally hard plumbed the whole darned thing -
    Beats Driving to the Lake!