Best place to put a pool skim

May 7, 2010
Dallas, TX
Here is my setup:

dsc02037en.jpg

I want to put it on the return closest to the ledge/steps because that is where all the Crud gathers. The return there pushes the water forward, but a lot of things get caught up in the waterfall overflow and get pushed back into that corner. The skimmer closest to this return (Skimmer 1) works the best of the two. Skimmer 2 hardly has anything in it. I think this is do to the return near it. It's hard to adjust it to where it does just hit the side of the wall and kick back or too far to the right and kick everything past the skimmer. But flow back around after that to skimmer 1 is fine.

Thoughts? If i put it where suggested, do i just position the bag to point the way the return does now to keep flow going?

Got it in. Is this too far from the wall? I'm worried about it catching the polaris pool cleaner, btu the flow has to go that way to circulate the water due to the steps and the hot tub waterfall. I also worry about it missing stuff between the wall and the pool skim. I had to cut the pvc pipe to get the body low enough, so i have 3 inches more of pipe and the 45 angle if that would help. Brain is fried today and just get wrap my head around the way to use the pipes to get it closer.

poolskim.jpg

The sock is supposed to be at a 45º angle to the wall in direction with the water flow. Your installation looks to be at about 90º. I do not believe the angle has anything to do with the efficacy of the device; rather, it's meant to enhance circulation of the water along the wall. The distance of the hat, which is the device creating the venturi, to the wall looks okay. I think it'll catch debris floating behind it; it has a pretty decent diameter of action.

Pretty good. It deposits silt on the steps that passes through the mesh, but other than that, great.

Once I turned if 45 degrees, it still circulated everything that would normaly settle in the corner back around to the pool skim. It is amazing. The top of my water never looked so clear.

CarrolltonTXPool said:
Pretty good. It deposits silt on the steps that passes through the mesh, but other than that, great.

Once I turned if 45 degrees, it still circulated everything that would normaly settle in the corner back around to the pool skim. It is amazing. The top of my water never looked so clear.

I think the poolskim for 99 bones is a great cleaning booster especially in dead or slow "ends" of the pool.

So based on what you are saying the sock is basically sitting on the lower step?

Have you had the cleaner hang up on it yet or did you shorted the cleaner hose enough so that it cant?

UD

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.