Obsessed With Skimming The Pool?

MyBad

Feb 24, 2010
AZ
Like the title say's, skimming obsession.....I can't stop! :rant: ...Lol.

I have time during the day, so I am sitting our there, and man what's floating on the water....skim it...little later...how can there be more Crud on the water...skim it.....and more?? skim it...anyone else with skimming obsession??

MB

Guilty.
Today with some kind of tree droppings it looked like it was snowing tan flecks of tree gunk.
Water 68 degrees and I was in there scrubbing the water line from the 2 inches of rain we got this week and skimming skimming skimming...

And emptying the swimmer sock...

O.C.D. (like I need something else to be that way over...)

funny- I used to have the same obsession, but over the last 2 years it has "morphed" into something different.

Now I'm obsessed with "Tuning" various technologies and combos of equipment to find the cheapest way for devices to do the work for me.

Uncle Dave

We've had the trade winds blowing about 20 mph for the past couple of months, and, you guessed it, in the perfect direction to send all kinds of **** into the pool :cry: When I'm not at work, I spend way to much time out there skimming leaves, grass, etc off the water before it sinks. I'm afraid to trim the grass by the pool area, I'm sure that would cause all sorts of fun stuff to fly in the water :shock:

I got so bad with the skimming issue two seasons ago I ended up at the doctor's office with tennis elbow in my right arm - no kidding. From using the skimmer net - the doctor thought that was very funny. It hurt like ever, my arm swelled from the elbow right down to the wrist and I couldn't grip or even hold a pen in my hand. Word to the wise - nip it in the bud before it's too late. Do not let this be you.....

After my little incident that year, I find myself following the technology path as well. I'm not gonna sweat it anymore - keep my cover on the pool when not in use and let the skimmer do it's job.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Loads of skimming here for the past month, my vacuum wasn't working so it was brush and skim, brush and skim, now I got a new cart but I can't help myself......brush and skim, but the skim part isn't hardly yielding anymore.

Davegvg said:
Technology solves the work problem.

UD

Here too. :-D But I do have to empty bags, baskets, containers, etc. guamguy, 20 mph is a gentle breeze out here. Several times this week the wind has moved several very heavily weighted umbrellas a few feet from their normal positions. I surely do love fiberglass umbrella ribs. :goodjob:

gg=alice

yup, loving the skimming here too. It is oddly relaxing and yes, my elbow aches after the last windstorm............wait, is that a little piece of bark over there, just one more skim...
ah nice to have the pool back open again!

I decided today I would sweep the silly ole' thing...just gonna have to do it again sunday after the guys shoot sawdust in it...but oh well...she needed some lovin...

Now that happy hour is commencing...I can enjoy it knowing I've done all that 'work'...
:cheers:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.