Advice re products for cleaning/treating vinyl cover

Oct 6, 2009
Greetings all!

My wife and I have a navy blue vinyl Coverstar pool cover (installed by Coverpro), and I want to know what product we should use to clean and protect it. It is...I think...made of Ultragard III material, and this SEEMS to be wearing much better than its predecessor, which was...I think...Ultragard II. I believe the guys at Coverpro said they use Pro Beauty Vinyl Dressing (I have the actual name written down somewhere, but I think that is what they said). My wife and I have used Aerospace 303 protectant in the past (on the preceding cover...we've not yet used anything on this cover). We are interested partly in what to use to clean the vinyl, but more importantly we want to use something that will protect the vinyl from degradation as much as possible. We live in Southern California, near Santa Barbara, so we get a pretty good amount of sun (but we happen to be inland a little bit, so no ocean-related atmospheric chemicals like salt).

We were wondering what people in this forum recommend that we use, and of course we are also interested in what people think we should NOT use. Any advice on preserving the lifespan of the cover is very much appreciated!

Chuck

The 303 product is what you want to use to protect it after its clean. But it needs to be dry as the product contains water itself. I would use dish soap to clean the cover, just call the company first to make sure dish soap is okay

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.